A bow front aquarium can play an important part as a centerpiece in a living room or office. It’s curved front generates a sleek, aesthetically appealing look and makes it more lively to view the fish.
The unique shape of these aquariums acts like a magnifier for the outside and creates a feeling of space and distance to the fish inside.
Bow front aquariums come with numerous size options. To help you choose the right one, we have collected a bunch of the best bow front tanks, indicating their advantages and disadvantages. So now let’s explore!
- Getting a Bow Front Aquarium
- Top 12 Best Bow Front Aquariums
- 1. Hygger Horizon 8 Gallon Aquarium Kit
- 2. Penn-Plax Bow Front Aquarium
- 3. Fluval Flex Aquarium kit
- 4. Koller Products AquaView 3.5 Gallon Aquarium
- 5. Fluval 26 Gallon Bow Front Aquarium Kit
- 6. Fluval Premium Bow Front Aquarium Kit
- 7. SeaClear 46 Gallon Acrylic Aquarium Combo Set
- 8. Aqueon Deluxe LED Bow Front Aquarium Kit
- 9. Aqueon LED Mini Bow Fronted Fish Tank Starter Kit
- 10. Aqueon Betta Falls Kit
- 11. Tetra Half Moon Aquarium Kit
- 12. Aqueon 06439 Bow Front Aquarium Kit
- Final Thoughts
Getting a Bow Front Aquarium
Uniqueness: The key advantage of keeping a bow front fish tank is that it’s unique; that’s always a great deal. If you’re an experienced aquarist, then getting a bow front tank can refresh the whole hobby. You will not be doing the same things as before, you will learn new maintenance approaches instead.
If you’re a novice, you might feel excited when you don’t have the same sort of tank as others. You’re more distinct, and everyone loves to be special.
Difference: Bow front aquariums can create a different view of the inside, compared to what you often see with a flat front one.
Decoration: These fish tanks are much larger, so they look much more splendid. A front bow aquarium can be an ideal focal point for interior design, and an appealing tank can really make a room breathtaking.
Space: As the front bow ones have a “pregnant” look, there will be some extra space for the fish.
- These aquariums are often more expensive. There’s a high price to pay for unique shapes other than flat.
- The different shape needs a more complex stand to fit the extra girth.
- Some might not like the look of bow front aquariums. This can be true from several angles and with lower quality materials (acrylic or glass) for the tank.
Top 12 Best Bow Front Aquariums
Aquarium kits often involve modern technology but leave the aquascaping to you. However, Hygger Horizon bow front aquarium provides you a good base to build your aquascaping. Its 3D rocky mountain background attached to the rear panel can help you hide the submersible filter and add plants and other decorations.
The internal power filter works on a modest 7 watts of power and has a turnover rate of 110 GPH. Nevertheless, if your fish love a calmer environment, you can use a flow control knob to adjust the outflow. Instead of cartridges, the filter contains a foam block and loose activated carbon media.
Being a major manufacturer of aquarium LED lighting, they do use an incredible light for their Horizon aquarium kit. The 18-watt LED strip can be adjustable in 5 increments from 10% to 100% brightness and mostly utilizes white LEDs mixed with red and blue lights. Interestingly, you can run all of them at the same time or enable just white for daylight or blue and red for an evening look.
- Include a high output customizable LED light fixture
- Robust 110 GPH filter with adjustable flow control
- Stunning 3D rocky mountain background
- Too big for lighter desks and odd-sized for standard tank stands
- Spray bar filter outflow
- Lack a hood speeds water evaporation
Bow front tanks can be set up to fit any size and budget. If you’re finding an impressive room fixture, the Penn-Plax Water World Luxury is worth considering.
The design can hold 58 gallons of water, making it an ideal home for silver dollar, angelfish, discus, etc.
This bow front aquarium model is made of acrylic rather than glass or molded plastic. Its height is further highlighted by the aeration line built into the bottom. Besides, the decent tall curtain of bubbles brings more oxygen and circulates water from top to bottom.
Notably, the tank includes a bottom drainage hose that allows you to perform water changes without using a siphon hose.
Moreover, there is a top compartment housing all of your electrical wiring and power strips. This also enables you to feed your fish without lifting the entire hood.
- Its acrylic design is lightweight and crystal-transparent.
- The aeration line supports oxygenation and water circulation.
- Offer a tank stand
- Provide multiple top compartments
- The tank is prone to scratches.
- There is no hidden compartment for the heater.
The Fluval Flex line is a collection of bow front aquariums ranging from 9 to 32.5 gallons in size, but the 15-gallon unit is the most popular. There’s sufficient water volume to keep the majority of tropical community fish.
The plastic lid is available in white and black, includes a 2450 lux LED lamp with 48 white and 6 green/red/blue bulbs. All create a pleasing color temperature of 7500K. The manufacturer selected this range so that you can grow low to medium light plants, like java fern and cryptocornye. Plus, users can turn on and turn off the lighting, or customize the output to highlight the reds or greens with the LED remote.
In the back of the aquarium, there is a set of rear chambers that include a 132 GPH filter pump, foam, and activated carbon media.
One remarkable feature of this model is its honeycomb design on the upper portion of the aquarium. This helps prevent the water level from distracting you when watching. What’s more, the tank’s circular unsealed opening on the lid lets you feed your fish with ease.
- Available in multiple sizes
- Include filter pump, filter media, and LED light remote
- Right spectrum lighting
- Pump outflow is on one side with the feeding hole, which makes food blow around the aquarium.
- The model likely gets damaged during the transporting process.
With desktop bow front aquariums like Koller, the 25 GPH filter pump gives the right amount of flow for appropriate water turnover without being too forceful on your fish. This model uses filtration cartridges made from cotton fibers, plastic, and activated carbon.
The AquaView includes an LED light installed in the hood that can be programmed to daylight white, green, blue, aqua, purple, amber, or red. There’s also a timer switch that supports setting the light to run in 4 and 2-hour increments or continually.
The aquarium works mainly on 3 AA batteries installed directly into the hood. With an excessively power-effective LED light, it can work continuously for thousands of hours before you need to replace the batteries.
- Properly sized for a home desktop
- LED light can be programmed to one of 7 different colors.
- The aquarium uses replaced filter cartridges as media.
- Power cable for wall outlet not included
The bow front aquarium kit from Fluval is constructed from glass, 20 inches high, 14 inches wide, and 24 inches long. It is packed with most of the high-quality and ultra-effective product innovations from Hagen Fluval.
The kit consists of a high output LED light, which can create 630 lumens of 8000K bright white daylight. In other words, it generates sufficient light to support some low-light level plants. Nevertheless, you can upgrade the light with another fixture to improve the lighting output.
Moreover, there is a Fluval C3 power filter included. It comes with 5 filtration stages eo make sure your fish live in a clean environment. These stages involve all filtration types from mechanical, chemical, to biological.
Foam pads mechanically eliminate waste particles from the water. Activated carbon insert eliminates heavy metals, discolorations, and odors to keep the water translucent. Plus, C-Nodes and Bio-Screen will facilitate the development of beneficial nitrifying bacteria for biological filtration.
Furthermore, the manufacture fills the kit with a European-made, Fluval M100 submersible heater to maintain temperatures properly. The heater is created from shock-proof borosilicate glass for higher durability. In addition, it leverages reflective technology to maintain your fish tank’s natural look since it reflects the colors of the surroundings.
Plus, the tank also comes with an LCD thermometer to precisely show water temperatures.
- A complete kit with multiple effective items
- Offer a high output LED light
- Incredible filtration sytem
- The lights might not support high-light plants.
- An extension tube is needed for the C3 tube.
Another option from the Fluval manufacturer, this bow front aquarium has extremely innovative accessories.
The kit includes a hood with LED lights which produces 1470 lumens and 8000K. The hood also allows you to use another LED strip if you desire to enhance the light to address your tank creatures’ requirements.
Similar to the Fluval tank above, this unit is also equipped with a Fluval C4 power filter that is a 5-stage filtration process to keep your tank clean.
- Include Fluval fish food, a fishnet, water conditioner, heater, etc.
- Provide an effective filtration system
- The LED lights can provide enough light for low-light plants only.
The SeaClear bow front aquarium is perfect for hobbyists who fall in love with acrylic tanks. Its convex shape and virtually invisible seams will bring in a distinct viewing experience. You won’t believe how the decorations and fish pop when observing them from the SeaClear tank.
This acrylic aquarium is clearer, ligher, and 17 times stronger than glass. Additionally, the material is more impact resistant and less inclined to chipping and cracking than glass, which is safe around kids and pets.
The hood of the fish tank includes an electrical 24-inch light fixture with a reflector ready for building a light setup. The fixture is aimed to use with a fluorescent tube. Nonetheless, you can put an LED light strip inside it.
- High-quality and durable materials
- Provide a unique viewing experience
- Not include a filter or heater
If you have never had a bow front fish tank before, you really should consider this unit. The front glass panel of the aquarium is beautifully curved to achieve a classy and elegant finish, giving the best fish view from many angles.
The aquarium is packed with a black top cover with LED lighting. The light offers white light for the activities of your inhabitants. Besides, the hood has a slot for another LED light to upgrade the lighting system if needed.
In addition, the tank is fitted with the Quiet Flow LED PRO 10 power filter. Thus, you’ll need to worry about noise during the water filtering process.
- Include a preset heater, thermometer, and a detailed guide
- Provide fish food, fishnet, and water conditioner samples
- The lighting system is not powerful enough for certain fish.
The acrylic mini bow front aquarium is a classic option for any space and is available in different sizes to meet your requirements. It contains an elevated base and innovative modern design.
The kit comprises a filtration system and cartridge. Besides, it comes with an incandescent bulb and food samples.
It is also easy to set up and clean this aquarium. Its lid has a feeding hole that helps you feed the fish with ease. Additionally, the fish tank incorporates a low-profile hood.
- Easy maintenance
- Affordable price
- Provide a manual
- Multiple size options for flexibility
- The pump is quite sensitive.
- You should take care of the power supply.
Have you ever dreamed of having a waterfall at home? This item is created to meet all your desires and to keep your fish in a cozy and clean environment.
This bow front aquarium has an incredible design, making sure there is a continual flow of freshwater across the tank. The frosted panels of the model can prevent your fish from seeing each other.
Notably, there is an indicator that allows you to know the water level inside. The aquarium uses the QuietFlow filtration system and provide some food and water samples.
- Allow keeping various species of fish together
- The pump motors are effective and quiet.
- Seem to be a bit small
- The current might be too strong inside the aquarium.
This is a small bow front aquarium with a half-moon design. The Tetra fish tank has a translucent lid. Even if you live in colder places, an LED lighting system and a 50W heater will help keep your fish feel comfortable.
The model can hold 10 gallons of water and some tetras, bettas, or mollies. Besides, there is a unique whisper filtration system that ensures the water is always clean and safe. Plus, the aquarium provides a 180-degree seamless view, contributing to the charm of your living space.
- Distinct design for an appealing look
- Excellent viewing and improved interaction
- Quite small, not ideal for spacious rooms
If you want to have an aquarium that fits the middle ground of size and features, you can go for the Aqueon 06439 bow front aquarium. This fish tank is neither too large nor too small, with the capacity of containing 26 gallons of water.
The aquarium is equipped with a robust LED bulb that generates a day white effect. Besides, it offers a slot in case you want to add your own bulb.
What’s more, the kit consists of a filter with a large cartridge, a hood, a full-spectrum lamp, and a 50W submersible heater.
- It comes with everything you need if you’re a novice.
- You can keep more fish with its bigger size.
- The packaging can be careless, so that they might tape or glue stuff to the glass.
- Quite heavy-weight
Bow front aquariums provide a different viewing experience that traditional designs might lack.
If you have experienced setting an aquarium, the SeaClear 46-gallon can be perfect for you in terms of its size, design, and extra features. You just need to get a heater and a protein skimmer.
Meanwhile, if you’re just starting out, then you can contemplate getting the Aqueon LED Minibow Aquarium Kit. It is affordable and comes with a filter, LED lighting, and water care samples. This small tank can help solve your mistakes as you neglect your maintenance duties.