Fishkeeping can be demanding of your time, but this pursuit is certainly worthwhile. However, you do not really have all the time to spare, especially if you have things that you need to prioritize. But this does not mean that you have to stop feeding your fishes. The good thing is that there are automatic fish feeders available these days to help solve these issues. Fish feeders come in different styles and types, and one of these is the Automatic Pond Fish Feeders.
- What are Automatic Pond Fish Feeders?
- What are the Best Automatic Pond Fish Feeders for Ponds to Buy Today?
- 1. Fish Mate P21 Automatic Pond Fish Feeder-Perfect for Small Ponds
- 2. Koi Cafe Sweeney Automatic Koi Feeder – Galvanized Steel and Heavy Gauge Steel Hopper
- 3. Fish Mate P7000 Pond Fish Feeder – Consistent and Accurate Automatic Feeder
- 4. Moultrie 6.5-Gallon FeedCaster Fish Feeder – Feed Setting is Adjustable
- 5. Wildgame Innovations Low Profile Fish Feeder – Easy to Carry and Compact Pond Fish Feeder
- 6. Hozelock Automatic Pond Food Dispenser – Best Suited for Holiday Feeding
- 7. Wildgame Innovations Tri-Pod Feeder
- How to Choose the Best Automatic Pond Fish Feeder-Your Helpful Buying Guide
What are Automatic Pond Fish Feeders?
Generally, automatic fish feeders are electronic devices feeding your fish in your absence. With this device, you can control the frequency and the portions of every mealtime. Fish feeders are also considered containers of foods running on a timer and automatically dropping foods to the water at a particular programmed time.
There are many specific types of fish feeders available these days, such as Automatic Pond Fish Feeders. These are devices dispensing stick or pelleted foods periodically into the ponds for your fishes to eat. With these feeders, you can easily designate the feeding frequency and then specify a certain amount of foods dispensed with every feeding.
Automatic Pond Fish Feeders release foods throughout particular times in the day. Some of these devices even have digital monitors that can store information regarding your pond.
What are the Best Automatic Pond Fish Feeders for Ponds to Buy Today?
Pond keepers would want only the best for their Koi fish, goldfish, and other pond fishes. It is for this reason that you need to be mindful and extra cautious when purchasing your own automatic feeder.
The following are the best choices when looking for the highest quality automatic pond fish feeders:
Fish Mate is a reputable manufacturer of automatic fish feeders and has been an active player in the industry for over 30 years now. Fish Mate P21 Automatic Pond Fish Feeder comes with guaranteed excellent craftsmanship and quality.
This automatic fish feeder was specially designed for smaller ponds and can supply fishes with foods for several hours. This can even hold over the 21-day worth of foods when fully filled. This feeder comes with a quartz timer that is powered by a single AA battery and with an indicator allowing you to know the status of the battery life. This is a waterproof automatic pond fish feeder and can be easily mounted in the shoreline or in the suspended water surface.
- Feeds about 21 everyday meals while you are out
- Accurate and reliable quartz timer
- Timing and feed quantity for all fish foods can be adjusted
- The amount of food that needs to be disbursed can be adjusted easily
- Fishes can all be fed properly in just a few hours
- Can operate over a year even with one AA battery
- Waterproof design is also an advantage
- Comes with a reliable and accurate Quartz timer
- Some users find this unit unreliable
2. Koi Cafe Sweeney Automatic Koi Feeder – Galvanized Steel and Heavy Gauge Steel Hopper
Koi Cafe’s Sweeney Automatic Koi Feeder is another substantial unit that is developed utilizing the finest galvanized steel. This type of steel allows it to withstand harsh climate conditions while securing the interior engine and mechanisms, guaranteeing a long life expectancy.
One 6-volt rechargeable battery provides sufficient power for the feeding motor, yet you can likewise utilize a discretionary sun-powered board to keep it charged. The unit’s feed settings can be adjusted easily with flow lever, allowing you to set the time by seconds for the automatic fish feeder to spreads the food pellets.
This machine includes a digital timer that lets you program your own feeding timetable or schedule, enabling you to feed fishes around five times each day. It additionally features one transparent side window that allows you to rapidly decide how much food is still left inside the automatic pond fish feeder unit.
- Non-compulsory solar charger
- A basic digital timer that can feed up to five times each day
- Built-in sight gage essential in checking on the feed level
- This guaranteed solid steel construction
- Koi Cafe Sweeney Automatic Koi Feeder is durable and is built to last
- The timer is simple to understand and to program
- This automatic pond fish feeder can be easily attached to the solar panel to ensure that the battery is well- charged
- You can actually feed between 4-6 pounds of food
- You might need to suspend the machine over the water surface
Fish Mate P7000 is another best automatic pond fish feeder that includes an independent container or hopper. The unit was crafted from the finest quality plastic that causes it to stand up without rusting even the harshest climate conditions.
The transparent container holds up to about 6.5 pounds of food pellets. Thirty cups can be fed to fill the container or the see-through hopper. This unit also includes a LCD making it simpler to program your feeding schedule and determine the feeder’s status quickly as well.
The Fish Mate P7000 needs 4 C-sized batteries that can last from six to nine months before replacement. This automatic fish feeder is intended to be suspended in the shore of your lake or pond, and it drops down foods into the water through its chute.
- The consistent and accurate portion control feature
- Easy to read and functional LCD
- Suited for all food pellets and sticks
- The lid was specially designed to remain secured into the hopper
- The transparent hopper makes it easier to see and determine how much food is left
- This smaller unit is ideal for smaller ponds
- You can easily adjust feed amount from a few teaspoons and up
- You don’t really have to suspend the unit over your pond
- The design could have been better
4. Moultrie 6.5-Gallon FeedCaster Fish Feeder – Feed Setting is Adjustable
The Moultrie FeedCaster Automatic Pond Fish Feeder is a heavy-duty and professional feeder that works brilliantly for medium and large-sized ponds. This feeder isn’t intended to be utilized with small ponds or ponds with only a few fishes.
This pond fish feeder was built around a 6.5-gallon drum that was developed using strong metal and was designed to be suspended over the water surface. The drum included can hold as much as 50 lbs. of food and utilizes internal motor in spreading the feed outwards.
Moultrie feeder’s spray pattern can send the food pellets to up to about 25 feet in circular patterns. The engine requires a 6-volt battery; however, it can be utilized with a discretionary solar panel if they wanted to. Feed cycles can be modified for 6 separate feedings each day.
- Can easily hang on any small chain, nail or plant hook
- Features a digital timer programming up to about 6 feed times each day, 1-20 seconds each feed
- Includes directional shroud casting fish foods in a straight path
- You can charge this unit through a solar panel
- This heavy-duty automatic pond fish feeder is high quality and a professional-grade unit
- The large circular pattern is able to cover up to around 25 feet
- This feeder comes with larger 6.5-gallon drum holding up to 50 pounds of food
- This automatic pond fish feeder can be heavy especially when packed with food pellets
- This isn’t really suited for backyard ponds and small ponds
5. Wildgame Innovations Low Profile Fish Feeder – Easy to Carry and Compact Pond Fish Feeder
The Wildgame Innovations Low Profile Fish Feeder is intended to be utilized in larger ponds with huge quantities of active fishes. This feeder can hold as much as 75 pounds of food pellets. This can also be suspended over the water surface or can be placed in the shoreline or in your dock.
This is one of the best automatic pond fish feeders with powerful legs that provide support so it can work independently. It does not require maintenance once you set it up. This automatic fish feeder was designed for bigger ponds or for smaller lakes.
You should adhere to following the directions cautiously while you’re setting this feeder up. This automatic feeder requires some wiring and light assembly. When completely set up, however, it utilizes a 12-volt battery, a charger, and also uses external solar power for extra force.
- Includes a 12-volt battery delivering solid power
- Better hunt designs
- Digital timer
- 75 Gal capacity
- All metal construction
- Features charger, battery and solar panel
- Packed with features that increase the chance of achieving successful hunt
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use
- Compact and easy to carry
- Heavy duty automatic pond fish feeder
- The feeder clogged at times
- The timer is not accurate all the time
- The excessive moisture can result in grime around the food dispenser
6. Hozelock Automatic Pond Food Dispenser – Best Suited for Holiday Feeding
Hozelock Automatic Pond Food Dispenser is like the Moultrie fish feeder; you can mount it easily over your pond and distribute the food pellets evenly. Nevertheless, it’s where the similarities actually end.
The Hozelock uses a mechanical timer to guarantee it keeps up an appropriate feeding schedule without gadgets that disrupt the general flow. This makes it ideal for pond keepers who need a system that they and easily set and forget
The pond fish feeder is on the littler size, making it ideal for small Koi ponds and for water gardens in the backyard. This automatic feeder holds around 0.2 gallons of food and can be utilized with flakes and pellets.
- A mechanical timer that makes sure the unit maintains the right feeding schedule
- Designed for smaller water gardens and ponds
- Programmed in order to dispense the right amount of fish food at required intervals each day
- Food chamber that can hold all types of fish foods
- Battery-operated clock and frequency dial that provides choices of up to about six feeds each day
- The unit simple to install and you can easily get started using the feeder
- Hozelock has patented mounting system that users can take advantage of
- A mechanical timer that allows you to feed six times per day
- This unit is ideal for the smaller pond or for smaller numbers of fishes
- This fish feeder doesn’t cast food pellets into the ponds
- Small capacity is not suited for larger fish ponds
Another best automatic pond fish feeder from Wildgame Innovations is the Tri-Pod 30-Gallon Feeder. This feeder was built from a similar heavy duty construction that the Wildgame Innovations is widely known for. This automatic pond fish feeder works perfectly with large ponds and with small stacked lakes.
This unit utilizes a 6-volt battery in supplying reliable power or force with the battery having the option to work for a considerable length of time without the need to recharge. The unit likewise includes an inner programmable timer so you can properly set a particular time for feeding all through the day.
The interface is being used to program the feeder effectively is straightforward and easy to understand, so you need not bother asking for a manual to set this up and make it running as fast as possible. The feeder’s 30-gallon capacity, as well as the heavy-duty and robust dispenser, can spread the food pellets to around 30 feet in a circular motion.
- 4 options for feed times
- Heavy-duty dispenser
- 30-gallon capacity
- A 6-volt battery that supplies reliable power
- 30-gallon storage capacity that is large enough for most individuals
- The 30 ft. casting distance making it a lot easier feeding your entire pond
- The heavy-duty and good design can withstand even severe weather conditions
- This feeder is ideal for larger koi ponds or for small lakes
- A rechargeable battery can be utilized with a non-compulsory solar panel
- Some have issues on the noise during fish feeding
How to Choose the Best Automatic Pond Fish Feeder-Your Helpful Buying Guide
Knowing that having an automatic pond fish feeder is a major investment, you need to keep several factors in mind prior to picking a reliable, efficient, and high-quality fish feeder that can help you ensure that your pond fishes are well-fed even if you’re out.
Some of the major factors to take into consideration are the following:
You generally need to ensure that the feeder you purchase is solid and can effectively withstand outdoor components. This might include wind, snow, and rain. A feeder that is unstable will not be able to withstand this and can just break down easily. This will result in fish not being fed and taken care of appropriately.
It cannot be denied that fish ponds are intended to be the decorative component of your garden and yard. Along these lines, you need to pay close attention to the style of the automatic pond fish feeder to guarantee that it matches with the theme of your yard. These frequently come in a wide range of colors so thus can mix in or just stand out.
You must remember the size of your pond when purchasing a fish feeder. In case you have a little pond, you’ll just need to focus on investing in a feeder capable of holding a pound or two of fish foods. If you have a big pond, it’s a smart thing to ensure that you will pay for an automatic pond fish feeder capable of holding pounds of food to guarantee that all your fish are properly fed.
Timer and Portion Size
The number of possible fish meals to be dispensed each day as well as portion size somehow closely related to the size of the fish feeder. It is therefore advisable to feed fishes many times per day than feeding with a larger quantity of foods at one time. Feeding fishes multiple times ensures that they will get proper nourishment, and overfeeding will be avoided. It is imperative to choose the best automatic pond fish feeder program to dispense foods three times per day, at least.
Materials used in the construction of fish feeders are also factors that you need to consider and be mindful of, especially if you are seeking to buy automatic feeder for your outdoor pond. Feed casters and pond fish feeders are crafted of all-metal steel or ABS plastic, or it can be a combination of both materials. If you have an indoor or shaded pond, opt for the plastic automatic fish feeder. If you have a large outdoor pond, choose a metal fish feeder.
The products reviewed above are the best automatic pond fish feeder to choose from and are proven to be excellent ways to feed your fishes even if you are not around. These feeders are programmable, durable, and adjustable, making it more convenient and easier to use. If you are planning to buy this unit, make sure to remember the tips and factors mentioned above to ensure that you will end up with the best automatic pond fish feeder, and you can fully benefit from your successful purchase.